[OM] Re: Seagulls, was A little cottage, was Re: Re: Photo

Subject: [OM] Re: Seagulls, was A little cottage, was Re: Re: Photo
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:56:05 +1100
'Rats with wings'. I visited a mining town - Tom Price - in the
northern central desert area of Western Australia recently. Too far
from the coast also but the seagull role had been taken up in the
main square  by small cockatoos - corellas. They are smarter and more
appealing than gulls so they were doing very good business outside
the fast food joints, sitting on chair backs and begging chips
(fries) and bits of sandwich. Nature abhors a vacuum and every niche
gets filled.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx