[OM] Re: eye piece

Subject: [OM] Re: eye piece
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:22:50 -0700
Ian Manners wrote:
> Hi Scott
>
> ...... Try using a setup like :-
>
> http://www.comkal.net/other0014.jpg
> http://www.comkal.net/other0015.jpg
> http://www.comkal.net/other0016.jpg

Great, I can see Scott with that out in deep redwood forest. :-)
> Which is why I'm also looking at options including the replacement
> screen above. I to spend a bit of time checking focus, only to find
> when I dump the card that only 1 in 5 or more is ok, and even that
> is being nice to my eyes with the E500 focus screen, which I guess
> was really only ment for auto-focus use.
>
> These E-Series are a real disease arent they, MF-1 adapters,
> home brew T-Mount adapter, need a new angle finder, sigh,

That seems to me unfair, sort of like knocking the kit lens for poor
macro capabilities. The E-500 was designed and priced as an entry level
DLSR. Unlike others, however, Oly designed and built a really superb
DSLR for macro use, the E-330, the best anybody has made for that
purpose yet..

If you persist in working using a cheap adjustable wrench/spanner
instead of a more expensive set of fixed size wrenches and/or socket
set, you end up with damaged bolts, nuts and knuckles. Whose fault is
that? Not the maker of the adjustable wrench, but the nut who uses it.

The E-500 is the adjustable wrench.

The new E-410 and E-510 have live view macro, so they should be a big
improvement over the E-500 for that. A shame they don't have articulated
screens. The current prototype for the E-1 pro replacement has an
articulated screen.
> might as well get those to lens as well, sigh, need that macro...

For macro, anything besides a proper macro lens is another adjustable
wrench.

Moose