[OM] 0 & 1, or 1/2?

Subject: [OM] 0 & 1, or 1/2?
From: nilsf@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:37:26 +0100
OK, it's official: Incident lightmeter's busted, OM-1 needs to be
adjusted, OM-2 could also benefit from being CLA'ed, 36 exposures of
Velvia cost between 8-10EUR, don't have access to a B/W darkroom
anymore.

Now, I've always wanted a spotmeter. That costs around 150EUR. I have no
idea were I could send my OMs to be CLAed (in Germany), nor how much
this would cost (also around 150EUR a piece?).

Seeing that E6 is slowly taking longer and longer to get developed, and
scanning is a pain that'll keep you out of your seat, and a 160MB tiff
is a lot of data for one frame, could it be time to switch to digital?

Oh, is it still worth investing money into this old, outdated, and
fragile film stuff, or should one just succumb to that new bling-bling
digital revelation? And if so, then what to get? Only 2 systems will
take my old OM mount lenses, and one (4/3) has a cropfactor that turns
my 18mm into a tele, the other one (McC*non) [urgh, don't get me
started], well, I couldn't afford that FF body anyhow.

Nils, upset