[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 02:15:45 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Doug

> Now that Macs run intel processors is it possible to by the OS ans put it on
> PC?

No, it requires a different type of BIOS, also there is only a limited
amount of "supported" primary hardware for Mac OSX.

 I use to get a similiar question, "Can I run AIX on a Mac ?", no,
even though both use PowerPC CPU's, the BIOS is totally
different, ditto the support chips though thats not an issue with
the Intel Mac's.

(I'm being simplistic on the Intel Mac BIOS issue in case anyones
going to pick a bone).

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/