[OM] Re: Grain in a grainless world

Subject: [OM] Re: Grain in a grainless world
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:43:35 +0000
I'm still arguing that one. There's a vinyl of the Rolling Stones' "Emotional
Rescue" playing on the old AR ES-1 'table (with Rega RB-300 arm and Audioquest
cartridge of some model I can't remember) as I try to type here. The sound is
just more better, and I don't mind the occasional crack and pop; kind of like
grain in a photograph; not that big a deal, adds a little atmosphere. :-)

I've 1500 CDs anyway -- for when I'm too lazy to play the vinyl, and for the
car, where the vinyl don't work too good.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>

 I was reminded of the CD versus vinyl debates.