[OM] Re: Really old pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Really old pictures
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:37:43 -0700
Google estimates that a double barrel Parker goes for $40000+, another
states $50000-100000.  I hope you have it insured.

> I've still got the Parker, which is 119 years old now, but I'm not 82 yet,
which was the age of my grandfather when I took the picture. And the Parkers
were so well made that I don't hesitate to shoot it even now. They quit
making them during WWI because they couldn't get the high-quality steel they
needed. No better double-barrel was ever made. It's a marvel to hear it
almost silently click together after being broken down and loaded, even
after all these years. It's a perfect piece.