[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:26:46 -0600
Winsor Crosby wrote:
 > On Mar 20, 2007, at 4:51 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
 >> And, generally speaking, neither does the Windows user.
> Which is what I would expect.

  I've occasionally had need to defrag -- burning DVDs from images can
give a lot of coasters if the file's spread out too much. However, to do
just a file at a time, contig from sysinternals is great -- or, as
already mentioned, as long as you have enough hard drive space that you
never get fragmentation, that'll do the trick as well.

  I'm not sure how that works if you ever _delete_ files, mind you,
because that's guaranteed to leave a space behind.

  -- dan