[OM] Re: OT Typos

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Typos
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:48:06 +1100
My new part-time teaching job is a setting where a jacket, shirt and
tie are 'expected' - trousers and shoes too on special occasions. I
had to go down to the local Salvation Army 'Family Store' and pick up
a few - got some nice italian silk numbers for around $1 each. but
it's a vile idea, especially in hot weather. Of course, if you are
female, the 'appropriate professional dress' code seems to extend to
very tight shirts and skirts with rolls of fat protruding between
them. Hmmm.
My favourite comment on the item came from local cartoonist, thinker
and national treasure Michael Leunig who said, 'The tie is a
stricture that comes between the head and the heart.'
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx