[OM] Re: Abandoned buildings and Canadian Photographers.

Subject: [OM] Re: Abandoned buildings and Canadian Photographers.
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:45:16 -0700
Thank you for the links. Even a relatively recently abandoned building
is interesting. Having lived in a relatively dry climate for most of
my life, I was surprised how much paint had peeled off. At first I
thought there wasn't very much vandalism, but then when I saw it was
closed in 1995 and many of the pictures were from 2001, I realized the
building deteriorates quicker than I'm familiar with. It's too bad so
many people are vandals.

I visited some of the abandoned buildings on Angel Island in the
S.F.Bay. I was very impressed by the iron + glass brick landings on
the stairways. Light from the top could travel through two or three
floors all the way to the ground floor. It seemed like a great way to
bighten the interior. I hope to do the same thing when I rebuild my
house.

-jeff