[OM] T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement

Subject: [OM] T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement
From: John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:59:34 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks again, John; and Mark, that diagram is exactly what I needed!

  I can't find a set screw on either of the T-10 flash heads I have so I guess
that they must both be older units.

  John Morton.

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:39:46 -0400
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] Re: T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement

That parts blowup is the old version that does not show the set screw.
To separate the two halves, Unscrew the rear spanner ring.  But to do
so, you'll have to loosen or remove the set screw which digs into the
threads of this ring.

Mark Dapoz wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Ian Manners wrote:
>
>>Hmm, now that I've gone back to check, dont undo it, it locks
>>the inside sleeves together, if you take it out, you might have
>>a problem aligning the two sleeve parts together so you can
>>get that just right turning of the inside and outside threads for
>>filters.
>>
>>Been a while since I've taken one apart to :-)
>

> Perhaps a parts diagram might help :-)
>
> http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/T-10.pdf
>
> I seem to remember it was quite easy to take apart, just a simple
rubber
> stopper was needed to twist the inner ring.  Or maybe that was the
T-8,
> I can't remember now.
>       -mark

John Morton