[OM] Re: [OT} Ken Rockwell - the guy we love to hate...

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT} Ken Rockwell - the guy we love to hate...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:45:23 -0700 (PDT)
> Read his write-up on the Nikon SB600/SB800. Very
> inaccurate comparison of the two.  Hate to say this
> but some people think he is a god of some kind.

This happens when the lines between opinion and fact get blurred.
There are a number of things where he's dead-on because it is fact.
The sky is blue--fact.  Blue is the best color--opinion.

Where the trouble comes in is that he tends to blur fact and opinion
interchangeably without any clear delineation between the two in his
writing. This gets a lot of people in a tizzy.  The cat can shoot.
His conclusions as to why something worked might be a bit off, but he
still can deliver the goods.

Besides, he's right enough of the time to be considered "a source".
But I don't value his opinion enough for me to bail out of Olympus
and go buy Nikon equipment.

AG