[OM] Re: - Panasonic / Leica 14-150 lens for 4/3

Subject: [OM] Re: - Panasonic / Leica 14-150 lens for 4/3
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:07:21 +0800
On 3/22/07, I wrote:

> I read one web claim that Nikon and Cosina are the only companies
> in Japan that actually make their own lenses. Sounds  improbable
> to me, but who knows?

Actually, I think I misread it. It is on StepeN Gandy's site:
http://www.cameraquest.com/voigt_250.htm

" Keep in mind the only two camera makers in Japan that
" produce their own glass are Cosina and Nikon.

In some contexts "glass" might mean "lenses", but on
re-reading, it is clear that that is not the case here. He
is saying only those two produce the actual material,
the glass itself

If you take it more literally, then it is a far more believable
claim.

--
Sandy Harris
Quanzhou, Fujian, China