[OM] Re: tag line.Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: tag line.Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 01:56:02 -0700
> From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I wonder what Tecumseh would think about all those smoggy woodland
> taming/gobbling machines named after him.

HA! I never thought of it that way!

I grew up in the next county. Tecumseh High School (Michigan) and my
high school (Jefferson) were in the same "Class B" sports league.
They still have their corporate headquarters there, but I imagine the
engines are probably made in China these days. Not much left of small-
town industry in the US Midwest these days.

I prefer to think of those engines as named after a small industrial
town, rather named after a great Native American.

:::: The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and
you are the easiest person to fool. -- Richard Feynman ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::