[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:51:05 -0700
> From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
>
>   If I use the Mac's expected UI to connect to a printer, then the Mac
> can see the computer the printer lives on, it can see the printer, but
> it won't connect to it. It says "connecting...", then nothing happens.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've never seen the
behavior you describe.

You didn't say if it was an AppleTalk network or not. My guess is
we're talking about a Windows print server here. If so, you haven't
convinced me whose "blame" it is, if you want to call it that.

:::: When you change the way you look at things, the things you look
at change. -- Wayne Dyer.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AO08-18>