[OM] the E-510 looks promising...

Subject: [OM] the E-510 looks promising...
From: marc simon <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:11:53 +0100
Hi all,
yesterday evening I was at an event in Belgium,
 btw: at this event there was Barry Lategan, remember him and his
picture of Dizzy Gillespie:
<http://www.lensmodern.com/gallery_image.php?id=52&col=162&current=8&searchLink=%2Fphotographer_results.php%3FSection%3D%26id%3D52%26searchType%3D%26current%3D11>

http://tinyurl.com/2suahd

and he was shooting with an E-400.
When I was leaving, I've spotted an E-camera with a yellow tape on the
top in the hands of somebody of Olympus Uk...
That was the E-510, still not a definitive production one, that's
explain the yellow tape and some constraint imposed by the "Japanese
headquarter"...the flash was not usable, blocked by the tape and of
course I cannot put one of my card in it...
It was outdoor and late in the night, yes, in fact it was already
today...the light wasn't too good and I have it in my hands only for a
very short time...
It's a nice body, well in the hands, not too small, light as nicely
built than the competition...not in the same league than the E-1...of
course, for the "successor" we still need some patience.
The viewfinder looks rather bright and it seems larger than the E-500.
and of course if you find it too small you can choose the live-view mode
on the large LCD really a nice display without any latency (as far as I
have seen)
There is only one sensor so when you choose this mode, the viewfinder is
"black"
And the Image stabilization looks a really effective mode but as already
said I have it in my hands for a short time, and cannot use another lens
than the 14~42 which was on it.
so for a first and brief impression it's a good one...it will probably
be a good tool for hiking
wait and see
regards
marc