[OM] Re: Radio Triggers, Part IV

Subject: [OM] Re: Radio Triggers, Part IV
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
> I wonder if it puts out enough current to charge a cap? If so, you
> could probably feed a few microfarads through a diode on the
> trigger side and a resistor on the winder side to stretch the
> pulse.

The oboy remotes don't actually put out any voltage to speak of. They
maintain an "open" state (high resistance) and "short" out the
connection when fired.  However, the short is very short and appears
to not even be a true short but a reduction in resistance.

This works fine with flash gear that uses the sudden presence of
voltage (or current flow, depending on type of flash) to fire the
flash circuitry.  The winder is, I believe a "current flow" mechanism
that uses the shorted out condition.  Since the remotes don't shot to
zero resistance or reduce the resistance low enough, I suspect that
is what is causing the winder to stall out.

AG

Get your own web address.