[OM] Re: Greek pickiness [was: some more OT stuff]

Subject: [OM] Re: Greek pickiness [was: some more OT stuff]
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:05:43 +0000
One of my pet peeves -- I have many -- was people, mostly police officers, who,
when referring to the identification of automobiles, called it the "VIN
number." The "N" in "VIN" stands for number, so we don't need it twice. But,
then, these are the same people who never get out of their car and walk up to a
car they've stopped and talk to the driver; they say, "I exited my vehicle and
approached the subject's vehicle and engaged in conversation with its occupant."

Give me a frigging break!

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from