[OM] need a new scanner...

Subject: [OM] need a new scanner...
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:55:35 +1030
Hi all...

with the recent demise of my C@n0n Lide 500f scanner & the company's
refusal to make good on the second failure (neither unit lasted 12
months & both failed in what appears to be the same way, with an
aggregate of much less than 100 scans total)  I am in the market for a
low end scanner with film capabilities.

As I now have an aversion to ANYTHING AT ALL with that filthy C-word on
it, I have been looking at the Eps0n & HP scanners. has anyone had any
experience with the Eps0n Perfection series?

thanks
davidt

PS does anyone want a stone-dead Lide 500f in immaculate condition? :)