[OM] Re: need a new scanner...

Subject: [OM] Re: need a new scanner...
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:53:01 +1000

> As I now have an aversion to ANYTHING AT ALL with that filthy
> C-word on it, I have been looking at the Eps0n & HP scanners.
> has anyone had any experience with the Eps0n Perfection series?

I've had an Epson 2450 for several years now and it has been very reliable
(no breakdowns).  It also seems to work well with either the Epson supplied
software or Vuescan (no hangs or other strange behaviour).

The 2450 gives you a 2400 dpi scan but the optical resolution is not that
high (probably about 1200dpi).  I have heard that the newer models have
similar behaviour.

If you want to make big sharp prints then a "real" film scanner will be
better.

...Wayne