[OM] Re: Cleaning Plexi-glass

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning Plexi-glass
From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:43:10 -0500
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I've just bought a Zone VI washer that needs to be cleaned to get the
> grunge/calcium/chemicals off it after having been used for a couple of
> decades  with
> Houston city water.  Any suggestions for doing this without scratching  the
> plexi-glass.  Also, if anyone has an original instruction sheet/manual  they
> have scanned or could copy . . . I would be forever indebted.   Bill Barber

I'd start by just soaking or spraying on Simple Green. (I don't know the
geometry so don't know what is practical. Simple Green will take carbon
off of pistons and combustion chambers, so it ought to work.) Let it sit
for a while and just rinse with water. Repeat if it looks encouraging.
Next step would be toilet bowl cleaner to get the calcium if it's still
there. I think with patience you should be able to get it clean with
minimal or no scrubbing.

If you scratch the Plexiglases it can be repolished but it's a PITA.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)