[OM] Re: Auction tip: something for snipers to watch out for

Subject: [OM] Re: Auction tip: something for snipers to watch out for
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:19:15 -0700
Dan,

Your bid being denied was probably due to one of the auto blocks that
sellers can apply to their listings. In this case it would appear it is the
'Only Allow Bids From Countries I Ship To' filter that stop bids from
outside of areas that they will ship to. Since eBay have recently done a
major revision to the Sell Your Item form it is likely that the default
"ship to the US only" option was missed by the seller. Once an item has a
bid it is no longer possible for the seller to change the ship to locations
for the listing. Their only option at that point is to withdraw the listing
and relist it with the change. It is possible for the seller to manually add
individual ids as exceptions to the block however. The ship to locations
also control how and if the listing is promoted on the eBay sites worldwide.

It is true that a seller can also block specific ids from bidding an *any*
of their auctions. I use this feature to block previous flake buyers and
certain reseller ids who I do not wish to deal with. I would guess that the
eBay error message is different for the two types of block but the Esnipe
error message appears not to be different.

Dan S.