[OM] Re: Cleaning Plexi-glass

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning Plexi-glass
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:36:10 -0400
On Sun March 25 2007 3:03 pm, Bill Pearce wrote:

> I've used diluted muriatic, as it is readily available in places like Ace
> hardware, as it is used in swimming pools, but phosphoric would be better.
> Phosphoric is the acitve ingredient in the strongest tile cleaners.
>
> Don't know how it is on plex, but I think that in the normal dilutions,
> there isn't much to worry about.

I agree with Russ simple green followed by acid. The active ingredient in most
toilet bowl cleaners is muriatic acid. It is many times listed as
hydrochloric acid which is it's chemical name. I don't remember using it on
plexigass if I can think of where I have a piece of plexi and if I have some
muriatic acid in stock I'll dunk a piece for you and see what happens.