[OM] Re: Cleaning Plexi-glass

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning Plexi-glass
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:38:51 -0400
If Lucite says acetic acid is OK for Lucite (AFAIK, the original
plexiglas) then I'd accept that as more reliable data than what I was
originally reading. (but I can't find the page below)

Anyhow, the fact that vinegar comes in plastic bottles (which are
probably polyethylene) would have no bearing on plexiglas which is a
totally different type of plastic.  Different types may have much
different physical characteristics.

The info below on citric acid and HCL probably means that someone elses
suggestion of CLR *may* be safe as well.  I think it's largely citric
acid but caution needs to be observed with that word "largely".

Chuck Norcutt