[OM] Re: New Manual Focus Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: New Manual Focus Lens
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:36:41 -0400
On 3/27/07, Johann Thorsson <johann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is a "trend" I would welcome.  I love using my old OM lenses on the E-1
> and have never seen the manual focus as an inconvenience.  It is what I grew
> up with anyway.  It is actually the other way around, my MF lenses never
> miss the focus like the AF lenses do under low contrast/low light
> conditions.  I just hate when that happens - my 50-200mm is especially bad,
> but this also is a problem with the 14-54mm.  I  guess I just like MF
> lenses, just as I prefer stick shift over automatic.

Don't most AF lenses allow MF?  Mine do.

I have an ongoing argument with myself about this.  My modern,
sophisticated will do everything my old cameras will do plus AND offer
a number of other capabilities that I may or may not use.

Thus, when I 'go back' to say, my OM4T, I realize that other than its
wonderful spot metering options, I can do everything it can do with my
C@non digicam.  So I wonder why I even bother?  Sure the VF of the OM
is superior, but the one on the digicam is certainly usable if not
wonderful.

But the OM works with my favored Tamron SP lenses, so . . .

ScottGee1