[OM] Re: #069

Subject: [OM] Re: #069
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:45:13 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Once again I find that it helps the image to reduce the contrast on the
> back lit cattail heads and the reflection on the water.  If the bright
> spots are too bright it looks harsh and draws the eye away from the rest
> of the image.

As is not unusual, I have a different view of it. I like the bright
cattails, they tell me something about the light and time of day.

What bothers me is the lack of contrast detail in the water. Then if I
pop the rest to go with the water and correct the vignetting, the
cattails don't look so contrasty.  :-)
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/GeeBee/07069.htm>

Of course, then it's a different image, with a different mood.

Moose