[OM] Re: OM system lenses on digital bodies

Subject: [OM] Re: OM system lenses on digital bodies
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:19:55 -0400
At 04:46 PM 3/28/2007, Moose wrote:

>- Metering is imperfect, and the ways in which it is off vary by body,
>metering mode and lens. For many subjects, this isn't much bother with
>digital, as one may take experimental shots to get exposure right
>without any cost other than time.

Just this morning I was testing the 105mm/2.8 Kiron macro on the
E-330.  In the Evaluative Metering Mode (ESP Matrix) the exposures
were within 1/10 of a stop at f2.8 and f4, 1/4 to 1/3 of a stop
underexposed at f5.6 and f8, and 2/3 stop underexposed at
f11.  That's pretty close to what I got a few months ago when I tried
the Kiron on the Canon 5D.  I think I'll try the center weighted mode
tomorrow and see if the results are any more consistent.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA