[OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:41:54 -0400
I really can't see myself going wider than 17 or 18mm.  I'm simply
trying to figure out whether I really want to go wider than 21.  I can
imagine the extra width being useful for interiors and cityscapes etc.
However, if it becomes very difficult to maintain some reasonable
semblance of perspective, then maybe I would be better off to stay at
21mm.

My baby 21mm is small, light and easy to tote around. Seems that the
Tamron 17mm is quite a bit bigger beast, and probably not something that
you'd put in you pocket.

Martin

Wayne wrote:
"3mm makes a lot of difference on a superwide. You won't use it for
everything, but in the situations where the 21 doesn't cut it the 18
might.  After that you can start looking at the Voigtlander 15mm & 12mm
for seriously wide."