[OM] Re: What size CF cards are folks using in their e-1

Subject: [OM] Re: What size CF cards are folks using in their e-1
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:26:56 -0500
I like to compare the size of a memory card to it's rough equivelent in
rolls of film. I generally use it's capacity in raw files, as that's what I
generally shoot, but my wife uses jpeg's as that's what she shoots.

I then decide on any given occasion, how many rolls I am willing to lose.
Simply gone forever.

The figure ranges from a low of 512 to two gigs. I'm considering that, with
the price of cards declining, going to a top of four, but for me, that's it.

The ever increasing capacities of cards isn't driven by any rational reason.
Although the massive cards probably serve well those medium and large format
back users, the driving force is snapshooters with high end P&S and low end
SLR's. The average camera buyer isn't any more interested in changing memory
cards than lenses. They want their camera to hold as many photos as
possible, and most don't download much at all.

It's a strange world out there.

Bill Pearce