[OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:23:02 -0700
Martin,

The 17 or 18 is pretty much everything your 21 is, only more so. Brings
in a bit more of the scene, a bit more of the perspective, a bit more
work to deal with, but well worth the challenge! Looking through an OM
with a 17 or 18 on it is really something else!

FWIW I have owned both the Zuiko 18 and the Tamron 17, as well as the
Tokina 17. The Zuiko is the best of the lot optically. The Tokina is a
close second, the Tamron a distant third (at least my examples YMMV.) If
you can afford it, I would find a Zuiko. As a bonus the Zuiko is a MUCH
smaller lens than the other two, so you are more likely to carry it.

Jim Couch