[OM] Re: What size CF cards are folks using in their e-1

Subject: [OM] Re: What size CF cards are folks using in their e-1
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:48:05 +0930
On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 10:55:51PM -0700, Scott Peden wrote:

> I think the E thingies can only handle 4 Gig cards (I have a 2 G CF and a 1
> G xD and have filled them in a day, now to get a decent computer running
> again so I can open the 5MB files without waiting till the next meal time
> comes around)
> The Extreeme III was noticeably faster than the CF II Ultra.

I bought a Preteq 2GB Cheetah 80X CF (one of the metal cased ones) for
my E-300.  it didn't work...  (not sure whether it was the card or the
design - it reported but failed UDMA66 access in a PC IDE adapter, but
worked in my USB reader) I returned it to the supplier, & I'm still
waiting for a replacement... :(

davidt