[OM] Totally Off Topic and I'll at least mention Olympus

Subject: [OM] Totally Off Topic and I'll at least mention Olympus
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:39:37 EDT
I use a variety of cameras, some of which are folders and one of which is  an
Olympus Chrome Six.  It is a sweet little camera and is the only folder
which currently has film in it.   There you go, two sentences and two  mentions
of
Olympus. That is 2 for 2 . . . or maybe 3 for 3. OK, that's out of  the way.

One of the folders I use for B&W is a Voigtlander Bessa RF which is a  6X9
format or 4.5X6 with the mask, pre-war camera.  Huge negatives and nice
rangefinder. Easy to read depth of field scale.  So much for that.  If  any
have ever
had an interest there is one going begging for bids on eBay  currently.  Has
the high end lens and shutter combination and seems to be  in pretty good
shape. Only distraction I see (and it is  a common one) is  it is missing the
flip
up yellow filter.  They frequently break off and can  be replaces as they are
held on with two screws.  eBay # 150106093976 at  $50 with no bids and 2 days
to go.  I'd say a good buy at around $100 and a  decent one at anything under
about $125.  Bill  Barber