[OM] Re: new dog, old tricks

Subject: [OM] Re: new dog, old tricks
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 15:10:49 -0700
Peter Bell wrote:

> As an alternative, I've been thinking about developing my black and white
> film, and then scanning the negatives. I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy, so
> this appeals to me, along with fueling my nostalgia for the high school
> darkroom. Home development also seems to make sense in terms of cost, as I'd
> like to keep shooting with OM for a long time to come. Anybody out there go
> this route? I'm confident I can handle the techincal aspects, but advice
> about relatively inexpensive scanners that would get the job done, and/or
> your own homebrewed methods and workflows would be really appreciated.

Expanding on what Bill says, there are more than one B&W film that can
be processed right along with everybody else's color snaps in your local
one hour lab. AG and others are expert on this.

If you want an inexpensive scanner, I have a Canon FS2710 for sale.
Makes excellent 2720 dpi scans. It's SCSI and comes with its own SCSI
card, which worked with Win98 and XP for me, but does require a
motherboard slot unless you already have a SCSI card.

Requires pushing the film holder to the next frame by hand and doesn't
have IR dust removal. Complete like new in box with all accessories, $65
plus shipping.

Moose