[OM] Re: Manual lenses to digital body - MF 1 Adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Manual lenses to digital body - MF 1 Adapter
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 17:14:12 -0700
> From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
>
>   The reason the adapter lists some lenses as supported is that there
> can be exposure issues with non-4/3 lenses, and the ones that Olympus
> list are the ones where they're happy things won't go too badly wrong.

I've found some lenses perform poorly when adapted. For example, I
couldn't get the Tamron 300/2.8 to take a sharp image at any
aperture, although it sharpens up with either of the Olympus tele-
extenders attached. Also, the Zuiko 180/2.8 was a dog wide open, but
got very sharp when stopped down.

So I think there's multiple reasons a lens may or may not work
acceptably with the adaptor.

:::: Jan Steinman, Communication Steward, EcoReality: http://
www.EcoReality.org ::::
:::: 160 Sharp Road, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2P6, Canada,
250.537.2024 ::::