[OM] Re: Loving Video

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:57:43 +1000
Geez mate - you should hear how you lot sound to us!
I get a bit bothered often by the murkin assumption often that there
is one 'English' accent. There is standard English of course ('We're
english, we're speaking English – this is how English is supposed to
sound. It's the rest of you that have accents'). That's like assuming
that all murkins speak like Margaret Tuttweiler (sp?).
I got really bothered by the fellow with the 'correct english' site
that was mantion here a few days ago who refers to British English -
that's altogether too inclusive! You have to assume that the Scots
speak the same language for a start.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx