[OM] Re: Loving Video

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 01:26:32 -0700
Of course, if you want to figure out where English came from, then who
speaks it correctly?

The Danes of the day were the major traders, Mid 1600's I believe, and to be
a successful merchant you needed to be able to speak French, Irish Gaelic,
British Gaelic, Danish, Frisian. I read you had to speak 4 languages just to
be an international trader to get the goods cheap enough to make a profit,
the best merchants were fluent in 5 languages and had reliable translators
for the lesser languages that had goods they wanted.

So they devised a trade language, made up of words from all the languages
that were in common usage. This is how English got started. Where was this?
Edinburgh Scotland, Londonderry England, and Londonderry Ireland and Dublin
Ireland. That is 1 part British Saxon, 1 parts Scots Gaelic, 2 parts Irish
Gaelic and who knows what percentage of the Danish Frisian linguistics.

So who speaks proper English I ask? We steal words and suffixes and prefixes
from all languages even to this day.

And why I call English the Language of Thieves, as it has no national
origination and well take yours and make it ours and say only we know how to
do it (ask any non English country about us renaming all their countries and
cities.....)