[OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 01:53:07 -0700
Jan Steinman wrote:
> PEDANTRY ALERT!
>> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Lens focal length is an important way to alter perspective, the size
>> relationship between near and far objects.
>>

> I think it's more accurate to say that lens focal length allows you
> to alter perspective by moving forward and backward while maintaining
> similar subject size.
>
>  From a strictly geometric definition, any focal length captures the
> same perspective when taken from the same location.

Absolutely! I almost included two shots from the same spot with
different focal length lenses to show how both subject and background
change size the same amount, but got tired of the project. :-)

The point was simply to address an important aspect of the use of
super-wide lenses that was missing so far in the thread.

Moose