[OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects
From: "Phil" <pcks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:06:48 +0100
So how many recognisable dialects are there in the USA, I can only spot,
deep Southern, New York and what I call normal American, in the UK I can
pick out, Welsh, Scotish, Irish, Giordie, Brummie, Scouse, general north
England (Yorkshire, Manchester) South West and Norfolk sound the same to me
(carrot crunchers) and of course all the variations of cockney and the South
East, I find all the accents quite fasinating and regularly practice them
all to the amusement of the kids who are rewarded if they guess them all
correctly (they never do)

Phil