[OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 11:00:04 +0000
I can drive about 50 miles in any direction and hear a different dialect, like
north to Ellijay or Chatsworth. Then, when I get into my home state of
Tennessee, it's different yet again.

My now long-dead mother-in-law, born and raised in Texas, on the banks of the
Brazos River west of Houston, would pronounce "o" almost like "a" in many
words, so it sounded nearly like "fark" instead of "fork," and so did her
sister and other folks around there.

We're a strange bunch of mongrels down here, and out there, too.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --