[OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:07:50 +1000
There's little variation in Aus. probably because we're rather young
as a nation (although there were 600 aboriginal languages in 200
language groups). Pretty much impossible to tell where someone is
from although some in Adelaide have an accent rather like New Zealand
and there's a broad rural/remote dialect delivered through the side
of the mouth in rare and unfinished sentences – to avoid letting in
the dust.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx