[OM] Re: OT: a few Mac questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: a few Mac questions
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:04:00 -0600
Winsor Crosby wrote:
 >> Dan Mitchell wrote:
 >> the Mac doesn't have a way to remove single
 >> files from the trash.
> Of course it does. Double click on the trash can and it will open
> standard finder window with all the trashed files.

  Yes, I know about that, but how do I then get rid of files one at a
time from there? I double-click on the trash can, have a list of all the
files in the trash; if I right-click on it, there's no "delete" option
there; if I look in the File menu, there's "move to trash", which is
greyed out, and "empty trash", which gets rid of everything.

  Is there something I'm missing here? If there is a way to remove
things from the trash (by deleting them, rather than putting them back
where they came from) one at a time, then I'd love to know what it is,
because that would make this stuff a lot easier.

  -- dan