[OM] Re: OT: a few Mac questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: a few Mac questions
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 06:40:21 +0100
Dan

I have never found a way, and I don't want to (immediately delete).
However, if I am on a network, deleting files on a server happens
immediately (after a warning).

With USB storage devices you have to allow time for the Finder to
update the directory; they are generally slow, unless you have an all-
USB2 system, and the Finder will not carry out operations until the
device and its contents have mounted properly.  If you open a folder
you have to wait for the contents to appear before carrying out an
operation on them.  That's obvious, I know, but the device will
operate slowly so you have to give it time.  It will also take time
if it is using a strange format.  My latest CF card, a 4Gb one which
I use in my E-1 is giving me problems like this.  I wonder if the E-1
is formatting it properly ...

All the other problems are foreign to me, I'm afraid.

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.