[OM] Re: Loving Video, Now dialects

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video, Now dialects
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 02:39:09 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:
> It's surprising/surprising how easily Britons seem to be able to mimic an
> American accent, like Ian McShane in "Deadwood" on HBO, (formerly Lovejoy on
> one of my favorite/favourite Britcoms)
Yes, although I didn't like Deadwood as much as many folks did, McShane
was wonderful. And it's time for the local PBS blokes to bring Lovejoy
back for another round. Did you see McShane's bit as a Russian diplomat
on The West Wing? Wonderful fun!
> , while few American actors ever seem to be able to pull off an English
> accent very convincingly.

The other pitch perfect one is Hugh Laurie as House. He even moves and
gestures 'Murkan. Again an old favorite, from Jeeves and Wooster and Bit
of Fry and Laurie. We sometimes watch one of those just before or after
House. A reminder of how good acting can be, doing vastly different
"people" so very convincingly. His musical bits on A bit of.. are also
wonderful.

Moose