[OM] Re: ( OM) OT question re XP

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM) OT question re XP
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 06:11:17 -0400
Brian Swale wrote:

> http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/temp/process.jpg

The yellow shield is an XP feature of SP2.
It will also appear when there are updates.
It has to do with Microsoft's firewall, anti-virus protection and spam
software.

During the removal of Norton, if when a window popped up asking if you
wanted to remove the dll's that were no longer associated with any other
program I hope you answered "not to all". If you did not you may find
some applications will no longer run or run properly.

If you answered "yes" to removing unused dll's then I suggest you use
System Restore to put your system back the way it was before the
in-install. Then do the Norton removal again. This time when you are
asked to remove unused dll's answer "no to all".

Never allow dll's to be removed. The system isn't really smart enough to
know if the dll is used or not.

Dick