[OM] Re: Going to die this weekend :-]

Subject: [OM] Re: Going to die this weekend :-]
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:12:38 -0500
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 02:23:19PM +0000, Walt Wayman wrote:
> I'm planning to drive up this weekend in my hotrod truck to run the Tail
> of the Dragon with my son, who'll be in his hotrod Corvette. Yeah, I know
> it's faster, and he's younger and has better reflexes, but it's hard to
> beat old, chicanerous and experienced. This is the road I used to haul
> whiskey on from Asheville, NC, but that I haven't driven in probably 10
> years, so it's going to be an adventure. Hope I don't go down one of those
> 1000-ft drops.

Looks like a nifty run - as long as you don't meet a semi...

It's a bit out of my way on my upcoming vacation, doggone it. Otherwise, I'd
seriously consider driving it, even if my Lexus RX350 isn't exactly sports
car material.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                    http://www.conmicro.cx
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net