[OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:55:26 -0400
Ayuh, as they say up heah in Occupied Canada. I grew up in western
North Carolina, just south of Asheville, in a community frequented by
large numbers of Floridians in the summer. They usually drove big
long Caddies, and they drove 'em real slow. I regularly passed 'em on
my bicycle along Fifth Avenue in Hendersonville. Sometimes me and
some friends hid in an apple orchard and threw rotten apples at them
just for sport. My father used to run shine up from Landrum, South
Carolina, a feat which won him a trip to military school in Tennessee.

--Bob

Sometimes into Asheville, sometimes Memphis town,
the revenooers chased him but they couldn't run him down.
Each time they thought they had him, his engine would explode,
And he'd go by like they was standing still on Thunder Road!

And there was thunder! thunder! over Thunder Road.
Thunder was his engine and white lightnin' was his load.
And there was moonshine, moonshine to quench the devil's thirst,
The law they swore they'd get him but the devil got him first.