[OM] Re: Power source for T28 modeling lights

Subject: [OM] Re: Power source for T28 modeling lights
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:55:57 -0700
I've just read through this thread, and I'm amazed.

$39, $50, $75 - to power a few little incandescent bulbs? For normal
use, you can just take a clue from the Oly 6V Power Pack 2, a simple
holder for 4 batteries with a cord on it to attach to the flash head(s)

This RS enclosed battery holder with switch for 4 AA batteries costs all
of $1.89, with free "ship to store" for you to pick it up locally. Add a
bit of wire and a plug or two, and you're all set for what, maybe $3?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062253&cp=&sr=1&origkw=battery+holder&kw=battery+holder&parentPage=search

<http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062253&cp=&sr=1&origkw=battery+holder&kw=battery+holder&parentPage=search>

There must be similar things available in other parts of the world, too.

I'm assuming here that you flash hounds have lots of rechargeable AA
cells, so battery cost would be nil.

And I can't be the only one here with a variable DC power supply with
volt and amp meter and with clip leads and a multi miniplug cord on it
sitting by my desk, can I? Any use of modeling lights in the
study/junk/work room is ismply powered by that.

Moose