[OM] Re: Power source for T28 modeling lights

Subject: [OM] Re: Power source for T28 modeling lights
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:25:03 -0700
Johann Thorsson wrote:
> I made myself a 4D batterypack with parts from RadioShack.  The total was
> perhaps around $4 (ex batteries).  Works fine.  I then purchased a LowePro
> bag (Sliplock 10 if I remember correctly) which is perfect for the battery
> holder - even comes with a shoulder strap.  I think that was around $10 on
> oBoy.  Nice addition but not necessary.  I am in the progress of making a
> 'control box' so I can easily switch the lights off, both or independently,
> but have not had the time to do the soldering yet.

Any size will do. I proposed AA instead of C or D simply because I
assume most serious users of AA driven flash already have high capacity,
rechargeable AA cells around. And because the enclosed AA holder with
built in switch is such a neat, all in one solution. If I were building
one for use with disposable batteries, I'd go with larger batteries, too.

Moose