[OM] Re: Going to die this weekend :-]

Subject: [OM] Re: Going to die this weekend :-]
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:33:53 -0400
They filmed that crash--the one where Robert Mitchum's friend got
killed, I think, up around Toxaway Falls near Brevard, N.C. The
charred hulk was half down the mountain for many years, a kind of
tourist attraction. The scene where Mitchum breaks through the two
revenooer cars was filmed out on N.C. 191 along the French Broad
River between Asheville and Hendersonville. Mitchum was grand marshal
of the Apple Festival Parade in H'ville that year.