[OM] Re: Multi Exposures

Subject: [OM] Re: Multi Exposures
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:03:07 -0700
Michael Wong wrote:
> Dear all Zuikoholics,
> Recently, I am interested for multi exposures photography. But it is
> pity no such feature on my OM-4T & OM-1n. And, I found that the film
> is transporting to next one even I hold the rewind release button at
> rewind position on my OM-1n
You must also tighten up the rewind crank and hold it while winding with
the rewind button in. It is quite difficult to avoid some film movement.
> (I didn't test my OM-4T yet since a roll of slide film is inside).
The OM-4 works just the same for multiple exposures as the OM-1n.
> I searched some information at internet & I
> found there are 3 options for me:-
>
> 1) OM-2000
> There are benefits for mulit exposure feature & match my Zuiko lenses
> without adaptor. But I don't know is it possible to rewind many films
> for multi exposure upon first exposure?

I'm not sure I understand your question. The way multiple exposure works
on the OM2000 is that the film advance mechanism does not move at all as
the shutter is cocked. So exact film registration is maintained over
multiple exposures of the same frame of film. There is no rewinding
involved. The number of exposures on the same frame is unlimited.

The instruction picture is here
http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/bodygroup/manuals/om-2000.pdf
There is Chinese text on the next page if that helps.

I have an OM2000 for sale, if you are looking for one. It is in very
good condition.

Moose