[OM] Re: Power source for T28 modelling lights

Subject: [OM] Re: Power source for T28 modelling lights
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:50:27 +0200
I must stand corrected, Alan.

I checked my two AC Adapters 3 and these are the results of the type
stickers:

1. Input AC 220V 50/60Hz 30VA
   Output DC 230V 200mA/6V3A
2. Input AC 100V 50/60Hz 5VA
   Output DC 200V 10mA

So they seem to differ both in input (30 Watts against 5 Watts is a
big difference...) and output. The high voltage outputs are 200 and 10
mA, also quite a difference. And the second one, obviously for Japan
market, doesn't say anything for the 6V output. I think that some of
the indications are false.

On the other hand on the top the indications are the same as on yours:
DC 4.5V 1.2A. If the lattter output is true, then the AC Adapter 3 is
not fit to use for the modeling lights of two T-28 heads. But it
clearly wasn't intended to do so, otherwise a splitting cable to feed
both light sets would be present or available...

I must say that I am confused by the big differences on our three
instances of the AC Adapter 3, and even more by the differences
between the indications on one of them (6V 3A vs. 4.5V 1.2A)

My mistake of thinking that the low voltage output was AC originates
from building my own 'device' at some point in history, before I
bought my first AC Adapter 3 (in the time I was told that it would not
be available in europe).
I built an AC Adapter 2 with a very small 5V AC transformer in one
case to make it share one wall outlet....
But of course, since Olympus also wanted the adapter 3 to work with
the winders, DC voltage was necessary there.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.